The Akiles VersaMac modular binding machine is professional-quality binding machine that is both durable and user-friendly, featuring interchangeable punching dies in a wide variety of patterns. Below is a step-by-step overview of disengaging the punching pins on the VersaMac binding machine:
- Remove the die from the machine.
- Identify the pins that need to be disengaged using the Punch Ruler Guide. The Punch Ruler Guide provides a visual representation of the most common sheet sizes so that pins that would leave partially-punched holes can be easily identified.
- Remove the punch pin retainer cover by pulling it upward to unlock one side first, then continue lifting to remove the other side.
- Use your fingers to remove the desired pin(s) from the die set.
- Re-install the punch pin retainer cover onto the die set, making sure that both sides are securely locked in place.
- Insert the die into the machine to begin punching with your adjusted hole pattern.