The GBC ProClick Pronto P3000 is powerful enough to bind up to 450 documents per hour while still being surprisingly simple to operate. It offers electric punching and fully-automated inserting and closing in a compact size that fits into almost any office environment. Below are the step-by-step instructions for binding a document with the ProClick Pronto binding machine:
- Begin by plugging in and turning on the machine. When the power is initially turned on, the machine will make a “beep” sound.
- Insert the document to be punched into the punch tray, aligning paper to the left side of the tray. Press the “Punch” button to activate the electric punch. Note: The GBC ProClick Pronto P3000 has a maximum punching capacity of 15 sheets of 20 lb. paper. Using thicker paper will reduce the punching capacity. Do not attempt to punch more than two clear plastic binding covers at a time.
- Place your document into document sizer so that the machine can identify the document size.
- The machine will classify the document as one of three different sizes – “Small,” “Medium,” or “Large” – which correspond to the small-, medium-, and large-sized ProClick binding spines.
- Once the ProClick Pronto P3000 has measured the thickness of your document, the display will automatically indicate the correct spine size to load into the machine. The size will be listed on the User Interface under the heading “Insert correct ProClick spine size.”
- Insert the appropriate spine cassette into the spine slot. Note: The machine will allow you to bind small documents with larger spine sizes, but will not allow you to initiate the binding process if you have inserted a spine that is too small for the thickness of your document.
- Arrange your document so that the back cover is on top of the front cover, with the inside of the back cover facing out. This will allow you to hide the seam of the ProClick spine within your document after binding, which gives your finished document a more professional look.
- Place the entire punched document into the binding slot, punched side first.
- Press the “Bind” button to begin the binding process. The GBC ProClick Pronto P3000 will automatically pull a spine out of cassette, insert it into the document, and close it. The machine will beep when binding has finished.
- Remove your completed document from the machine. If you are binding multiple documents of the same size, you can continue binding without having to reset the document size. Note: The ProClick Pronto P3000 will automatically time out and return to the first step in the binding process if the machine sits idle for two minutes. In order to continue binding, you will need to re-insert your document into the document sizer.
The GBC ProClick Pronto P3000 has a built-in spine opening tool that allows you to un-bind the book so that it can be edited. To un-bind a book that has already been bound, simply insert the wedge of the spine opener tool (located on the left side of the machine near the document tray) into the loops of the spine and pull forward. As you slide the document forward, the tool will open all of the prongs of the spine. Once the spine has been opened, you can add, remove, or replace pages as necessary. The spine can be closed manually after you have finished editing your document.