The Rhin-O-Tuff OD4012 Modular Binding Machine offers comb, coil, and wire punching capabilities using the E-Z Change Die System. This model features fully-disengageable pins on all dies, with an open throat and a robust 30-page punching capacity. The OD4012 is efficient and user-friendly, requiring minimal settings and adjustments for any project.
While the OD4012 rarely jams when used correctly, it has a built-in reverse function that automatically lifts the pusher bar and punch pins to their starting positions if the punching cycle is not completed within a preset amount of time. The most frequent cause for this type of jam is attempting to punch too many sheets at once. If the reverse function engages, allow the machine to attempt to return to its starting position before removing the jammed sheets. Once the pins have been retracted, turn the machine off and begin removing the jammed paper. The easiest way to release the jammed pages is to pull one or two sheets at a time from the bottom of the stack.
If the punch is unable to reset itself automatically, you will need to perform a manual reverse using the included reversing tool. Below is a step-by-step guide to performing a manual reverse on the Rhin-O-Tuff OD4012:
- Turn the machine off and unplug the power cord from the wall.
- Locate the silver plug on the left side panel of the machine (located to the rear of the panel). Gently remove the plug by prying it out with a small, flat tool.
- Insert the end of the reversing tool into the open hole until it aligns with the end of the motor shaft.
- Rotate the tool 5-10 counterclockwise turns, until the punch pins have been fully retracted.
- Remove the jammed pages from within the punching throat, pulling 1-2 pages at a time from the bottom of the stack until all pages have been cleared.
- Pull the reversing tool out of the machine and replace the silver plug.
- Plug the machine into an outlet and turn it on.
- Test the punching mechanism by attempting to run a punch cycle without any paper in the machine.
- Once you have verified that the pins successfully returned to their starting position at the end of the cycle, continue punching your document (slightly reducing the number of inserted pages).