Powis Parker's Fastback binding systems are known for creating durable and professional thermally-bound documents using their patented Fastback binding strips. The Fastback 9 binding system (which is one of their newest models) is the most compact and affordable of all of their thermal binding systems. Specifically designed to work with Lx binding strips, this user-friendly thermal binding machine is capable of binding documents ranging from 10 to 250 pages in length in as little as 35 seconds. In this post, we share a basic overview of the Fastback 9 binding process.
- To bind a document with Lx-Strips, begin by turning on your Fastback Model 9 binding machine and setting it to Lx mode.
- Select the appropriate strip size for your document, and gently crease it into an "L" shape using your fingers (ensuring that the adhesive faces inward). If you are unsure as to what size spine to use, inserting your document into the binding recess and pushing the "Bind" button will display the correct spine size on the LCD screen.
- Place the Lx-Strip into the binding recess with the adhesive facing up and the short side of the "L" pressed against the back of the channel, and slide it all the way to the right.
- Jog the pages of your document as well as the covers so that they are aligned along the edge (where they will be bound) and place them into the binding recess. Align them with the Fastback Lx Strip so that the top and bottom edges of the document are flush with the top and bottom edges of the strip. To create a uniform strip width on the front of your document regardless of size, place the front cover against the back of the binding channel.
- After you have ensured that your document is flush against the back of the binding recess, press the "Bind" button to start the binding process.
- When the binding process is complete, the LCD screen will read "Remove Book." Gently pull the finished book out of the binding recess and place it into the cooling rack. After the book has cooled for approximately five minutes, it is ready for distribution.