Chicago screw posts make creating swatch books fast and easy. Create a compilation of material samples or other artistic project with covers and interior pages that swivel open with screw post binding.
Most screw posts are threaded for quick removal, which also allows for interior pages to be changed, added or removed.
To create your own swatch book with screw posts, you need:
- Your front and back exterior covers
- Your interior pages
- A screw post (consisting of a threaded post and a screw head)
- A hole punch or paper drill
- A small flathead screwdriver (that matches the width of the screw head)
Swatch Book Assembly Instructions:
- Prepare your book by stacking your pages in the correct order with exterior covers on the outside.
- Determine which corner or edge of your book is going to be the fixed, bound edge.
- Punch a circular hole in the spot where you want your book to be bound. Most standard hole punches create holes that measure 1/4 in. in diameter, which perfectly fits the 3/16 in. diameter of a standard screw post and allows for some wiggle room.
- Thread your pages over the threaded post base, with the flat base against the back exterior cover.
- Screw the head of the screw post into the threaded base to lock in the pages. Note: Some plastic screw post varieties simply "snap" shut.
Can I also build cabinets, bridges or rocket ships with screw posts?
Standard plastic or aluminum screw posts are only intended for graphic arts and paper binding purposes – not for heavy duty construction or special engineering projects.